Re: [vox-tech] Looking for 2 cool regexs

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 03:56:49PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> That is really cool.  You don't even have to program if you know your
> regexs.  The trick is mastering regexs.

Yup.  There is a O'reilly on Regex (Mastering Regular Expressions) that is
very deep.  A whole book, and not a thin one either (366 pages).

A friend of mine read it, and then wrote a regex that collapses regexes,
so the resulting regex is smaller and runs faster than the original regex.
(imagine really complex regexes that would find spam, etc).

The trick of course is to do all the work with elegance, simplicity, and
clarity.  Regexs can do that nicely.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/