Re: [vox-tech] C/ASM question

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Micah Cowan wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 06:00:47PM -0700, Chris Lupo wrote:
> > You should be able to do
> > -fno-schedule-insns and -fno-schedule-insns2
> >
> > to turn the scheduler off.  You can verify by doing
> > -Wreorder
> >
> > This will tell you when something is reordered.
> >
> > As a note, these optimizations above all are supposed to maintain program
> > integrity.  Meaning they shouldn't change the output.
>
> But only if the programmer isn't making unsafe assumptions.
> Optimization can be a good way for a programmer to discover poor
> practices.
>
> Micah

The above isn't exactly what I'm looking for.  -O3 optimizations are
needed for a regular architecture (not one with limited registers, etc.).
Gcc is regarding the list_0store instructions like adds - if you have the
same two arguments, you get the same result.  It doesn't know about the
side-effects, namely the insertion of the value into a queue construct.
Another way of stating my problem would be this: is there a way to make
the list_0store the same priority as a load?  Perhaps then, the gcc will
not reorder a block of list_0store's.

TIA