[vox-tech] synchronizing several computers

[vox-tech] synchronizing several computers

Greetings fellow linux users!

On any given day, I work with several linux computers (a desktop at
home, one laptop, two or three at work, all connected by ethernet or
DSL).  It is a constant hassle making sure that the data on the several
computers is up-to-date.  There is mail, address book, appointment
calendar, source code, data pertaining to several ongoing projects,
etc.  I am wondering if anyone knows the best way to keep everything
synchronized.

I have tried sitecopy and rsync but they require that I keep track of
all the files or directories I have modified, and on which computers, in
my feeble little brain.  I have seen there is something called rdist but
have heard nothing about its reputation.

I suppose the most important features are ease of use and security.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I'd be grateful for any advice you can give.

Aaron

Aaron King, Ph.D.                        http://two.ucdavis.edu/~aking
Dept. of Environmental Science & Policy       mailto:aking@ucdavis.edu
University of California                             Tel: 530/752 3026
One Shields Avenue, Davis CA 95616 USA               Fax: 530/752 3350