[vox-tech] PacBell DSL rust...

Two questions for the local gurus:

I've got DSL service from PacBell (it's working on the Win98 half of my
box).

I've attempted to get the DSL connection working on Mandrake by using
Roaring Penquins PPPoE framis without any effect.  I'm not sure what
direction to go in next.

Also: PacBell DSL will not allow mail relaying.,. IOW: the PacBell
mailserver is the ONLY mailserver I'm allowed to use.  Is this ALSO the
case when attempting to use sendmail on your home (Linux) machine?

If this IS the case; Does anyone know of any local ISPs offering DSL
service that AREN'T working for the man?

-Ed Glass