Re: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] Debian on Laptop

Re: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] Debian on Laptop

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 09:50:39PM -0700, pblickiss@ucdavis.edu wrote:
[snip]
> machine is set up to load into X on start-up.  Is there anyway in
> AfterStep to exit X windows without use of the mouse so I can try running
> X again with gpm stopped?  Thanks.  By the way, the mouse works fine in
> console.

I assume you mean that XDM starts when the maxhine boots. Running
/etc/init.d/xdm stop will kill XDM (and X) and allow you to use startx as
usual. Also, in case you don't know, control-alt-backspace instantly kills
the running X (great for quick logouts!).

--
Henry House