Re: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] Debian on Laptop

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 10:49:40PM -0700, pblickiss@ucdavis.edu wrote:
> Yeah, /dev/mouse points to the right device.  I killed gpm and tried to
> restart X, the mouse didn't work.  I restarted gpm and the mouse still
> didn't work.  Any ideas?

You said that the mouse works in the console? Then you can tell X to get its
mouse input from gpm, like so:

/etc/gpm.conf:
	repeat_type=ms3

/etc/X11/XF86Config:
	Protocol "intellimouse"
	Device "/dev/gpmdata"

The above has gpm doing protocol translation. As Jeff noted in a recent
thread, that does not always work optimally. You can also try it without:

/etc/gpm.conf:
	repeat_type=raw

/etc/X11/XF86Config:
	Protocol "PS/2"