Re: [vox-tech] Voodoo 3500 TV tuner

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Gabriel Rosa wrote:

> Read the README. The v3tv guys are extremely inactive (last update in may, i
> think). Apparently, XFree86 4.x uses the video memory differently than the 3.x
> series, which causes problems with the current drivers.

Which version of XFree are you using?  Maybe I should just use 3.x... :(

The only thing I saw in the README was the video memory resizing and
adding DGA support.  DGA supposedly loads by default (and seems to be
confirmed by the TV programs), and I did redsize the memory, but it was a
no go.  Tonight I'll try switching over to 3.x.

> I have xawtv working, but I cannot change focus, as it causes the image to
> disappear until i force a redraw by changing channels. I recall seeing
> something about forcing xawtv to redraw every frame in software, or something,
> but never really looked into it.

You can't change forcus?  I never had that problem.

You can switch channels?  I've never been able to do that... (I just use
the composit input.)

> it hasn't met the kickass voodoo quality factor I have always considered 3dfx

I agree.  I don't get the speed I'd expect with the "accelerated" voodoo
card.

Thanks, Gabe!

-Mark

--