January 6: Social gathering

RE: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] Debian on Laptop

RE: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] Debian on Laptop

Sorry about posting to the wrong list:

Here's the pointer section:

Section "Pointer"
         Protocol "ps/2"
         Device "/dev/mouse/"
         Emulate 3 buttons
End Section

Everything I've seen on the internet says that these pointing sticks are
to be treated like ps/2 mice.  I killed gpm (which was in rc1.d) and tried
running X, unfortunately it told me the server was already running.  My
machine is set up to load into X on start-up.  Is there anyway in
AfterStep to exit X windows without use of the mouse so I can try running
X again with gpm stopped?  Thanks.  By the way, the mouse works fine in
console.

Patrick