Re: [vox-tech] group effort configuring a system

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 07:16:51PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> one word?  i think the person will need more than just emacspeak...  what
> about ocr?  voice recognition for consoles?  lots of stuff...

Hmm... maybe so.  I guess it depends on whether or not this person can type
already.  (FYI, emacspeak was written by a blind programmer, and he can
do pretty much EVERYTHING with it...  it even includes a directory listing
system like "ls," except tweaked for voice synthesis/blind people...
and he can play Tetr*s!)

> there's lots of tools out there for linux, and we should familiarize
> ourselves with as many as we can.

Hehe... When I said "one word," I wasn't trying to imply it was the
end-all, be-all (although come on, it's emacs!  it's its own OS! :) )...

I guess I was saying, like, "dude... one word: emacspeak" :)