[vox-tech] reiser redux

i started converting some partitions to reiserfs.

i've been reading a bit about it, and saw the benchmarks on www.namesys.com.
admittedly, they are obviously a bit biased, but if you believe the extensive
benchmarks they give, every linux user should go out and convert their ext2
partition to reiserfs today.  the numbers they're giving comparing reiser and
ext2 (using bonnie and 2 other benchmark packages) are very good, bordering
on excellent.

btw, reiser4 is slated for release in 5 days.  interestingly, it's being
sponsored by DARPA, and includes "plug in" functionality.  there will be
file, directory, security, hash, node and other types of plugins for reiser.
going through the descriptions, it reminded me alot of what i've read about
the NSA's "security-enhanced linux".

between the development by DARPA and NSA linux teams, it sounds like even
though VA linux and the rest of the linux commercial world are crashing down
around us, the government obviously has a very, very keen interest in linux.

presumably, these features will go into the 2.5 kernel (guess on my part).

check out http://www.namesys.com/.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002