[vox-tech] Observations on most effective paths for problem resolution i

[vox-tech] Observations on most effective paths for problem resolution in publicforums

[Editorial- the message provided here does not necessarily reflect the
view of NBLUG]

(60 minutes Andy Roonie style)
"Have you ever noticed..."

A person who insults other people trying to help them in a public forum
such as a linux support group/mailing list, finds fewer people are willing
to help them later ?

( Don't take this wrong; none of you have insulted me :-)
( No, I am not asking you to start insulting me either! ;-)
( Just something that bugs me and probably others here too.)

Too bad there isn't a way to tell these people they should be nicer to the
pool of potential help in a public forum if they desire resolution to
their problem. Other technical support members can see exactly how their
peers are treated by the new person looking for help.

Also, helping unkind people after they are rude leads to poitive
reinforcement of their undesirable behavior and is one reason I avoid
helping people who are rude to my peers until they demonstrate more
respect.

The saddest part of this is the people that would read this are likely the
very ones that don't need to read it. :-/

OK. I am going back to sleep.

Thanks too all of the support people on this list who have provided such
excellent answers,
-ME