[vox-tech] reiserfs question

dear all,

i'm thinking of making some of my partitions into reiserfs partitions.
i plan on doing some research on the issue tonight, but i'd like to ask
anyone who has actually made the switch or looked into it themselves:

has anyone heard of any performance penalties for running a journaling
filesystem?

any gotchas i should look out for?  i already know that reiser version 3.6
can't be mounted by linux 2.2 kernels (which kinds sucks since rescue disks
tend to be 2.2)

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002