Re: [vox-tech] Redhat/FTP/Win2k Question

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 01:40:11PM -0700, Justin Howell wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I just joined the list when I found out there was a LUG at UCD (I start
> there this fall).

Welcome to UCD, Davis, and LUGOD! :)  (Welcome, welcome, welcome, I suppose)

> I hope to make it to some of your meetings, sounds like a good group you
> got going here.

Great!  Our next meeting is next Tuesday, October 2nd.  (This Wednesday
we're planning on plastering downtown and UCD with flyers advertising it...
it should be an informative talk on MacOSX from a fellow from Apple.)

> I'm using whatever the default FTP server is that comes with RH, I think
> it's WUFTP or something like that.  Any one have any ideas why it might
> take so long?  And what I might do to fix it?  I'm stumped.  Any input
> would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm...  I just upgraded by RedHat 6.2 box to 7.1, but unfortunately,
I can't help (I don't run an FTP server myself... I stick to SSH and SCP,
even on my LAN... just force of habit :) ), but I'm sure someone else here
will have some answers.

Take care, and, again, welcome to the area!

-bill!
root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/