Re: [vox-tech] mutt mailing list support

Re: [vox-tech] mutt mailing list support

hi rusty,

sure thing.  actually, i'm curious about other peoples' .muttrc files too,
so whoever wants to post theirs, go right ahead.  i know there are a couple
of people on the list who are also interested in making the move to mutt.

here's my file.  i've commented it extensively, since i tend to forget these
types of things.  hope you find it useful.

# peter's ~/.muttrc

macro pager p |fmt|less\n 'format and print message'

# Sven's draconian header weeding
ignore *
unignore from date subject to cc
unignore organization organisation x-mailer: x-newsreader: x-mailing-list:
unignore posted-to:

set pgp_timeout=600

set mbox = ~/Mail/read
set postponed = ~/Mail/postponed

## Sending options
set save_name
set record = ~/Mail/sent-mail

# Other Me's
set alternates = "p@belial.ucdavis.edu"

set pgp_verify_sig = yes

set date_format = "%a %d %b %y, %l:%M %p" # ie: Sun 03 Dec 00, 05:46 PM

set abort_nosubject = no         # Send mail even if I don't have a subject
set abort_unmodified = no        # Let me send email with unmodified contents
unset metoo                      # Remove me from address lists when replying to
                                 #   multiple recipients
set edit_headers = no            # Edit headers along with message
set delete=yes                   # Don't confirm deletions of messages I
                                 #   want to delete
set mark_old = no                # Treat old unread msgs as new msgs
set attribution="begin: %n <%a> quote" # Attributions for quoted stuff
set beep = no                    # Surpresses all beeps
set beep_new = no                # Don't beep when new mail arrives
unset ascii_chars                # Use ASC characs to display threads
set autoedit = no                # Skip initial send-menu; immediate editing
set pager_stop = yes             # Don't be quick to move to the next message
set fast_reply = yes             # Skip recipient list/sbjct in replies and forwards
set editor = '/usr/bin/vim'      # Which editor to use?
set copy                         # Make a copy of all mail I send
set move = no                    # Don't move my mail to the read folder
set pgp_autosign = yes           # PGP sign every email I send
set save_empty = no              # If a folder becomes empty, delete it
unset askcc                      # Don't ask for a Cc: when composing email
set signature = "~/.sig"         # Signature file
set strict_threads = yes         # Threads by headers instead of subject
set include=yes                  # Always include the msg in the reply
set quit = ask-yes               # Ask before quitting
set realname = "Peter Jay Salzman" # Set my name

# color index     brightwhite  black  '~p'    # mail to myself
# color index     brightblack  black  '~D'    # deleted e-mail

# Generic Bindings
#
# The generic menu is not a real menu, but specifies common functions, like
# movement, available in all menus except for pager and editor.
#
bind generic 1G     first-entry
bind generic 1g     first-entry
bind generic <home> first-entry
bind generic G      last-entry

# Index Bindings
#
# The index is the list of messages, ie- not when you're reading them.
#
bind index B       bounce-message
bind index <esc>f  forget-passphrase
bind index <up>    previous-entry
bind index <down>  next-entry
bind index <right> display-message
bind index <home>  first-entry
bind index 1G      first-entry
bind index 1g      first-entry
bind index <end>   last-entry
bind index G       last-entry
bind index g       last-entry
bind index @      create-alias

# index macros
#
# Left arrow from the pager or even from a folder will get us back to the
# mail spool, just like lynx.  very cool!
macro index <left> "<esc>c!\n" "Change to mail spool"

# Pager Bindings
#
# The pager is used when you're actually reading an email.
#
bind pager <up>   previous-line
bind pager <down> next-line
bind pager B      bounce-message
bind pager <home> top
bind pager 1G     top
bind pager 1g     top
bind pager <end>  bottom
bind pager G      bottom
bind pager g      bottom
bind pager q      quit
bind pager <left> exit
bind pager %      print-message
bind pager r      group-reply
bind pager @      create-alias

# sendhooks
#
# Don't autosign email going to the sabmag mailing list
send-hook 'SABMAG@MITVMA.MIT.EDU' "set pgp_autosign=no"

# aliases
source /home/p/.muttaliases

# end ~/.muttrc

begin: Roland Minden <rminden@Unilab.com> quote
> Very cool link thanks Henry I and Peter. I have started reading into mutt
> and will probably make the switch next weekend. I would like to see if Henry
> or Peter could send me off list there basic setup .muttrc so I can look at
> the setup for vim as the text tool of choice.
> Rusty

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002