Re: [vox-tech] docbook question: comments

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 08:25:43AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> the text that's not converted yet is commented out with <!--  blah blah -->.
> but when i run jade, it reports errors within the commented block, like so:
>

> <!--
>
> 	Dynamic libraries provide code for a running application--code gets linked
> -->
[...]

Don't nest comments and don't create comments that contain the string '--'.

In SGML, comments are inside a comment block, <! ... >, and begin and end
with '--'. But you may have multiple comments in a block! So
<!--foo----bar--> is two comments and <!--foo--bar--> is an error.
--
Henry House