Re: [vox-tech] Help on some RH 7.1 problems !

Re: [vox-tech] Help on some RH 7.1 problems !

begin: Viswanath P <viswap@yahoo.com> quote

> 3.)  Whenever I start netscape it took around 4-5
> mins.
>      to come to normal mode whereby one can type the
>      webaddress to load.  It stays idle for a while
>      before coming to live.  But, this does not
> happens
>      with Konqueror or opera.

if it's 4-5 minutes, it's almost certainly a network thing.  perhaps netscape
is looking for a proxy?  try this:

$ mv .netscape dot-netscape   # move .netscape directory to something else
$ netscape                    # run netscape

see if that helps.  if not, i'll give you instructions on how to use strace.
if it does work, move your bookmarks and personal plugins into the new
directory and erase dot-netscape.

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002