Re: [vox-tech] Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us>

At Sunday, 23 September 2001, Tom wrote:

>Thanks for the encouragement Jeff (more than Peter is handing out to
>me) Hoping that the modem (sadly I think is Win) is the one with the
>Motorola Chips and as I saw some where that was one that Linux could
>do... then I would have to beat myself up with trying to understand
why
>it won't see the rest of the network (as looks like Peter is trying to
>put the hex on people helping me...) ... may have to fall back to
>windows (it could see the other computer and reach across the network
>and use them) ... I can't fight that and Peter's Read a book - I gotta
>get this working (I can figure the why out later-always do)
>
>Again, Thanks! Tom

You know, I'm gonna try not to come off sounding like a bitch, but
stop acting like a child. I see no point to this email other than
trying to "get back" at Peter who IS trying to help you. There is
ALOT more to Linux than the Gnome/KDE menu you use to launch Gimp.
If you are not familiar with a command line, then you do need to
sit down and read some documentation, as Peter has said. It isn't
a personal attack on you. It's more an attempt to keep the mailing
lists from being overrun with questions that have already been answered
countless times before. Go to the website that Foo recommended (www.
linuxdoc.org) and peruse their wealth of documentation. Look for
a newbie's guide to Linux and read it. These questions are coming
off as screaming green newbie. There's a saying in the Unix world,
RTFM... it's time you go practice it.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but sometimes in life you need to get
out in the world and do things for yourself instead of relying on
others.

Shwaine the Wandering Arch of Malevolence
http://www.malevolence.com        telnet://mud.malevolence.com:3000