January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] what 's most fun part when use linux?

--- andy huang <bevis@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> i just finish install red hat linuxx 7.0 in my
> vmware.  i really would like to try linux and have
> some fun.  anyone has any ideas which part of linux
> is most interesting, so i can get start?

I'm tempted to say "below the navel", but the command
line is the ultimate tool. If you want other kinds of
fun, I'd say try blender or the gimp if you're into
tweaking images and such. To some, the "work" part of
linux is fun, to others the "play" part, some like
both. What would you like to do/learn? Give us a
starting point... pick something you don't know about
and check it out. Check out all the installed apps,
oppen 'em up and see what they do. The man pages are
something everyone should know... but they're kind of
dry...
ERic