Re: [vox-tech] Re: linux pre questions

If you need to ID the motherboard, I've had to do a
lot of that in the past. There is a page out there (I
don't have the URL right at hand) that ID's the MB by
BIOS version. It's been rather useful for Intel
boards, as Intel only puts a model number on the
board, not their name. In addition, if you find
something like a model number, that can help. For
example of MicroStar boards have model numbers
beginning with MS-, i.e. MS-6103, the model of my dual
PPro board.

The one other thing that comes to mind is the video
card if you wnat to run X. I've found the XFree86.org
site a good source.

Good Luck,
Marc Hasbrouck