Re: [vox-tech] Re: linux pre questions

Tom, installing Linux is *really* a good experience. I
am (unlike most on this list) no Linux guru by any
stretch, but I have had very good luck installing
first Caldera, then Mandrake 7.2, and Red Hat 7.1. If
you do a bit of research at a distribution's website
(Red Hat and Mandrake are good examples) they will
generally tell you everything you need to know. I
think the Mandrake and Red Hat installs I've done are
definitely quicker and perhaps even easier than
installing windows (on a single drive with Linux
only). Anyway, however you get started, Welcome! Linux
is sometimes challenging, but can be immensely
rewarding. ERic
BTW: Hardware support is *very good* these days, I
don't think you should have any problems with a newer
distribution.