Re: [vox-tech] blobs, php and postgres

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 06:27:50PM -0700, Eric Engelhard wrote:
> I wrote previously about encountering some weirdness while trying to
> move large objects in and out of a postgres database with php3. The
> solution turned out to have the form submit text fields rather than
> files. I am not sure why, but the file submissions were passed as the
> value of the handle, rather than the file. Fortunately, pasting turned
> out to be everyone's preference anyway. Now we can have tuples with
> unlimited string length (unless we run out of disk space).

Interesting. Seems like someone's undocumented feature to me.

> The next step is to figure out postgres LOBS with Perl DBI. The
> documentation isn't very helpful. :-p

I don't know the question, but might I suggest the several postgresql.org
lists? I'm on several; they are a great resource because often you get
answers strait from the postgresql developers. There are lots of other gurus
on those lists too. Highly recommended.

--
Henry House