[vox-tech] Flushing buffer - part 2

I'm still working on this perl program that will dump a bunch of data
produced by a script.  Last week Jeff N. gave me this (essentially):

remote_exp
------------
open(SCRIPTINPUT, "./remote_exp.ksh $sourceHost .$arg{programName}
$DBAUserID
$DBAPassword $arg{tables} $rows $SID|" ) or die "could not start
remote_exp";
print while <SCRIPTINPUT>;
close SCRIPTINPUT;

It works fine if I call it from the command line.  But if I call this script
from another script like:

Caller
------
my $stuff = qx[remote_exp fdba=$arg{fromDBAConnectString} tables=$tables
rows=n]

It hangs.  I don't understand why.  I'd like to redirect ">" the output to a
file like:

my $stuff = qx[remote_exp fdba=$arg{fromDBAConnectString} tables=$tables
rows=n > output]

But I can't get past the hang.

Jay Strauss
jjstrauss@yahoo.com