Re: [vox-tech] off topic question

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, andy huang wrote:
> i got a D in my math class , is it necessary to retake that course or
> it is ok to have a D to satisfy the requirement?

I think some schools will allow D grades to be passing when they are not
part of the core course in your major. Some will permit it even if it is
in your major, but not allow you to get BS, only BA and not be admitted in
PhD or Masters programs (or at least make it very hard for you.) And yet
others may allow you to have another class fulfill the requirement, or
include other exemptions or restrictions. Some courses/professors will
allow you to overlook the "D" as normal prerequisite of "C" would
otherwise be necessary for the next level.

Have you checked with your counselor, or a FAQ for your school/major and
guidelines for your academic year? Often, rules can change depending upon
when your first quarter/semester in a series of uninterrupted
semester/quarter (or interrupted by one empty semester/quarter not
counting summer). Requirements- items permitted and disallowed are mostly
covered by your academic year and school policies. Also, check with your
counselor/advisor; you may be able to petition them to overlook a rule
they would normally enforce.

-ME