January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Linux (and LUGOD) Newbie Again (with the same damn issue)

Re: [vox-tech] Linux (and LUGOD) Newbie Again (with the same damn issue)

richard,

1. mark the partition on which linux is installed as "bootable".

2. edit lilo.conf to point to linux and windows

3. install lilo on the boot sector of that partition

this will allow windows to do whatever it wants with the MBR.  when you boot
the computer, lilo will give you the option of booting linux or windows.  if
you boot linux, great.  if you boot windows, ntloader will take over and boot
up win2k.

alternatively, i previously posted a message on how to get ntloader to load
up linux.

either way should work, and you won't need a boot disk to load up linux
(unless linux somehow gets hosed).

pete

begin: Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> quote