Re: [vox-tech] startx problems

this is the pointer section in my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "Generic Mouse"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option      "CorePointer"
   Option      "Protocol"        "ImPS/2"
   Option      "Resolution"      "2000"
   Option      "Device"          "/dev/psaux"
   Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
   Option      "buttons"         "5"
   Option      "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5"
EndSection

the imps/2 protocol is most wheelie mice.  corepointer means "this" device is
the main pointer (it would be an issue if i had say, a joystick hooked up
too).   zaxismapping relates to the wheel.  i do not want to emulate 3
buttons, since i have 3 buttons already.  the device field says that the
pointer is plugged into the ps/2 port.

you can see what all the options mean in man XF86Config.

why would you install linux to vmware?  that's like building a house with
paper mache foundation/struts and titanium walls....

pete

begin: andy huang <bevis@ucdavis.edu> quote