Re: [vox-tech] LUGOD Newbie Seeks Help

Believe it or not, I actually considered this option.  Or so I thought.  I
went through with the vmlinuz root=/dev/hdax command through all six
partitions on my drive, even knowing full well that hda6 was nothing but a
VFAT partition which is shared with my Win2K partition.  But hope springs
eternal.

My thought at this point is that the kernel which is loaded when I typed
vmlinuz... from the boot: prompt is not the kernel I used before, or
something is preventing it from loading all of the modules that are needed...

"The kernel which can be loaded is not the true kernel..."

At 10:49 AM 8/17/2001, you wrote:
>1. Your defunct boot disk loaded up kernel A
>2. The kernel in partition hda3 is, for some reason, kernel B, which has a
>different set of modules that turned out to be necessary to the happy
>functioning of your box.
>3. If you change lilo.conf to specify a /boot partition wherein the good
>kernel resides, all will perhaps again be well.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

http://www.mossroot.com
mailto:rscrawford@mossroot.com
AIM: Buffalo2K
invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupéry

"Push the button, Max!"