Re: [vox-tech] LUGOD Newbie Seeks Help

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Richard Crawford wrote:
> 3.      VFAT and MSDOS filesystem types are not supported by my kernel
>          (2.4.2-2BOOT).

Hmmm.  Hmm HMMM.  Did you, perchance, have more than one kernel on this
box?  Perhaps in a /boot partition?  Here's the scenario I'm envisioning:
1. Your defunct boot disk loaded up kernel A
2. The kernel in partition hda3 is, for some reason, kernel B, which has a
different set of modules that turned out to be necessary to the happy
functioning of your box.
3. If you change lilo.conf to specify a /boot partition wherein the good
kernel resides, all will perhaps again be well.

Of course, I'm likely on crack, so I'll defer to the more experienced
troubleshooters.  Help?

--nicole twn

***
"Rides first, THEN food."--helpful advice from the California State Fair
commission