January 6: Social gathering

[vox-tech] Question on CDROM compatibility during install

[vox-tech] Question on CDROM compatibility during install

I'm trying to install Mandrake SNF the firewall Linux on an Intel box.
The boot disk gives me a message that no CD-ROM is found.
I am presented with a list of only 10 specific CD-ROM's and
also a "IDE CD'.  When I try these using "Autodetect"
all come back with device not found.  There is an
option to add additional information.  I don't see
in the doc what I can add here.  I have tested this
on a number of PC's at home.   All same results.

Is there a way to get generic CD-ROM's to work?

I have created my boot disk using RAWWRITE from the CD for
this product. Is there a way to use a different RAWWRITE boot
floppy image other than the CD image, something that is more forgiving?

Thanks,

Don Dunn