Re: [vox-tech] Mandrake 8.0 and ADSL

Thanks for the reply Foo. Here are some answers:

1. I had the ISP's DNS servers in there and the same symptoms were there
(slow, packet loss etc etc). I don't know what Netgear router you have, but
on the RT-314, you can put in the DNS servers and query from there. It also
acts as your gateway.

2. Nope I didn't do this. And recompiling the kernel would be totally out of
my league. I am a Linux novice, why else do you think I installed Mandrake?
:-)

3.  About putting in another NIC, no. See if it works fine with windows
which is my primary OS, I will not like to replace it for Mandrake. By the
way, this is the same Netgear FA 312 that you configured for me at an
Installfest some time ago. Sorry, but no, I'd like to skip this option.

4. I don't have to name the router, I have to put in the router's IP
192.168.0.1 in there to point to the router, which acts as the primary
gateway.

5. No registering MAC address required. This is Omsoft DSL (static IP). I
think only @home and Roadrunner make you do this.

So that is how it is. I'll be playing with it too in the meantime.

-ashwini