[vox-tech] lclint error?

does anyone know what this error message means:

% lclint calc2.c
LCLint 2.4b --- 18 Apr 98

calc2.c:3:8: Function exported but not used outside calc2: add
  A declaration is exported, but not used outside this module. Declaration
  can use static qualifier. (-exportlocal will suppress message)
   calc2.c:45:1: Definition of add

Finished LCLint checking --- 1 code error found

thanks,
pete