[vox-tech] Perl: A different approach to: Can I declare $main::...

[vox-tech] Perl: A different approach to: Can I declare $main::...

What I really want to do, is perform some housekeeping and variable
initialization within a subroutine (so that I can stick it at the bottom of
the source and not look at it all the time).  So I've been monkeying with:

use strict;

my %arg = (quiet=>"yep");
housekeeping(\%arg);

sub housekeeping
{
   print keys %{$_[0]}, "\n";
   my %arg;
    print keys %arg, "\n";
}

But that doesn't work.  I want to make a hash within the housekeeping sub
that when assign values it modifies the original hash (reference passed in).
But I can't seem to get the typeglob assignment to work.  Help??

Jay

Jay Strauss
jjstrauss@yahoo.com