Re: [vox-tech] Problems with GCC (or make?)

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 01:12:35PM -0700, Brad Benedict wrote:
> On 29 Jul 2001 21:45:47 -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > does everything include a hello world program?
> >
> > pete
>

> No, sorry, I meant everything that I have to run configure for...

Check to see if it happens with all makefiles, or really only for
programs with auto-generated makefiles.

If it truly only happens to things you run configure for, we can
probably conclude that it's not a problem with GCC, but with the
generated configure scripts.  Usually, having autoconf and automake is
not required, and are not used in production packages (they're for
developers only), so it's probably not with them, either.  Most likely
some tool that the configure script relies on isn't working the way
it's expected to.

Micah, oops there I go again dangling prepositions ;)