Re: [vox-tech] Win2k and Linux Dual Boot

Re: [vox-tech] Win2k and Linux Dual Boot

I've got Win2k and Redhat 7.1 installed on this machine at the moment, with
each installed on separate hard drives.  I had no problems installing the
systems, and they've both been quite stable for several months now.

I've also set up dual-boot systems with earlier Redhats and Mandrakes
coexisting with various Windowses, generally with no difficulties.  I
haven't tried dual-booting Debian yet, though.

Everything I've read emphasizes the importance of installing Windows
_first_.  Also, it's a good idea to have a Windows boot disk handy; then,
if you have problems, you can run "fdisk /mbr" to recover Windows and start
the Linux installation again if necessary.

Jeff