Re: [vox-tech] debian sources.list

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 08:43:34AM -0700, Stephen M. Helms wrote:
> That clears things up a bit.  I actually got things working a little
> better Saturday afternoon.  I just though I had to many entries in my
> sources.list file.  I may have messed thing up already too as I am
> getting a compliant about not having the correct glibc version.  So, if
> time permits I will clean up the file tonight and see where I am at.

You probably have a mix of many different distro's packages installed. You
have two options:

1. If your systems works fine except for dpkg/apt/dselect's complainss, you
   can just live with it and be careful when upgrding packages in the future.

2. Otherwise, try to manually remove rogue packages and replace them with
	packages from the main distro of your choosing or locally compiled
	packages from a more up-to-date distro. I've done this; it is not exacly
	easy but it is a learning experience.

> btw Henry, I picked up a HP LJ2 and and HP LJ3 used a couple weeks ago
> so when I get a chance I will be able to come up and fix the printer for
> you.

Wonderful!

--
Henry House