January 6: Social gathering

[vox-tech] sgml, xml question

hi all,

i'm about to submit something to linuxdoc.  they want

	SGML or XML (DocBook). Or Linuxdoc SGML.

for submission.  i should know this, but i'm unsure what SGML and XML are.
i /think/ they're a generalized html, but other than that, i'm pretty much in
the dark.

what i have is latex source, dvi, postscript and pdf.  does anyone know how i
can convert a postscript (or latex) format to one of these formats?

pete