Re: [vox-tech] apt-get sources

begin: Chris Lupo <lupo@ece.ucdavis.edu> quote
> Pete, et. al.,
> In your message (which I deleted before this question came to mind) you
> mentioned that it's probably not a good idea to use the stable, testing
> and unstable packages.
>
> How come?

i was thinking that apt would be receiving all sorts of strange dependencies.
like gnome -- gnome is available under stable, testing and unstable.  but it
has differing dependencies.  apt is lightyears ahead of rpm concerning the
resolution of dependencies, but this is asking a lot from the system.

however, if it's working for you, then that's that.  i wouldn't have done it
myself, but if it works ok, then so be it.  i'm talking from intuition, not
knowledge.  and often, my intuition is wrong.  :-)

just out of curiosity, can you install a package called console-apt?  it's
one of my favorite utilities, but got replaced by deity (which i don't like
as much).

pete