Re: [vox-tech] detecting X from within C

Re: [vox-tech] detecting X from within C

One way to do this that I haven't seen posted here yet is to assume that
GTK is available and use gtk_init_check() to initialize
it.  gtk_init_check() behaves just like gtk_init() except that it does not
terminate the program if the GUI can't be initialized; instead it returns
a false gboolean value.  This solution is probably more portable than
using the DISPLAY variable since it isn't X specific.  It should work on
Windows, GTK running on a framebuffer, or whatever.

Matt

* Matt Roper <matt@mattrope.com> *
* http://www.mattrope.com        *