[vox-tech] String concatenation limit in C?

[vox-tech] String concatenation limit in C?

Hey gang!

If you have a code like this in C:

   printf(
      "Hello, world #1\n"
      "Hello, world #2\n"
      "Hello, world #3\n"
   );

this eventually gets translated to (either by the compiler or the
preprocessor, I'm not sure):

   printf("Hello, world #1\nHello, world #2\nHello, world #3\n");

My question is whether there is a limit to how many of these
concatenations the compiler or the preprocessor will do, and whether there
is a limit to the total length of the strings before the concatenation and
after the concatenation.  Does anyone have the ANSI C document? :)
Thanks!

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim