Re: [vox-tech] Calling a shell pgm from perl to change ENV

Re: [vox-tech] Calling a shell pgm from perl to change ENV

sorry.  I must've misinterpreted your question.

"Setting a value in %ENV changes the environment for child processes.
To remove something from your environment, make sure to use delete instead
of undef."
page 138 of the Programming Perl book/2e

Sorry, I can't help you any more than that, I'm afraid.  Child processes
should inherit the environment from the parent, but can't change the
environment of the parent, which makes sense when you think about
programming the UNIX environment.

Anyone else wanna take a stab at this?

FL