[vox-tech] Calling a shell pgm from perl to change ENV

[vox-tech] Calling a shell pgm from perl to change ENV

One of a couple of more questions.  But to preface, thanks for all the help
so far

 I have a shell program with creates/changes the caller's environment.

 I want to call this from a perl program (and have the environment setup)
but
the changes never exist after the execution.  The script is being called,
and during the script I do some "echo"s and everything is fine.  Can't I do
this???  for example

 # cat tmp
#!/opt/perl/bin/perl -w

 `. setOraProfile`;