January 6: Social gathering
2008 Mar 03 10:34

Re: [vox-tech] backing up the master boot record

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> > > what is a block?
> >
> > Probably the equivalent of a sector.  Read the man pages. :-)
>
> i'd be glad to if you could tell me which man page to read...  :)

Hmm.  I guess the man page assumes people know the terminology.

Well, in this case - rtfsc - read the f'in source code. ;)  And if that's
not possible, wait until someone releases "Visual MBR Manager Explorer
Administrator XP Plus Pack" and the accompanying "Service Pack 1" ...

--
Pavan xxxxxx (xxxxxx@uiuc.edu)   http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~xxxxxx
Computer Engineering Student     University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign

"[...] the problem is almost certainly with your OS, not with the kernel."
- Peter J. Salzman, former chair of Linux Users Group of Davis, CA
(LUGOD), assisting youngsters on proper Linux kernel recompilation.