January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] If I was to install debian

Re: [vox-tech] If I was to install debian

begin: Brad Benedict <bradb@afes.com> quote
> > /debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/2.2.23-2001-04-15
> >
> > I assume that means I'm using the kernel 2.2.23???
> > see the big "????"
>
> It looks like it.  According to the site, potato uses kernel 2.2.16.  That
> means, I have to back up my whole /home partition, then copy it back,
> because it is ReiserFS.  =\

no problem.  with hard drive prices like they are these days, you can toss a
20 gigger around like a floppy disk.  heck; it almost costs as much.    ;-)

you're using reiserfs?   dang, that's sweet.  i've been waiting till summer
to try it out.   what exactly happens when you pull the plug?   does some
fsck type thing still run?   or does the computer go up without a disk sanity
check?  did you convert the part to reiser?  or did you format it reiser when
you installed the base system?

pete