Re: [vox-tech] FTPing in a script

Careful!  Either way makes your password more suseptable to being stolen.
Of course, if you're using FTP, it's being passed in plaintext ANYWAY, so... :)

You could try using the Secure Shell "scp" command.  On the other end you
could set up one of those authorized key thingies so it won't even prompt
for a password.

And FYI, if I understand the generic FTP client well enough, the reason
it's not accepting your password in your ksh script is probably because
of the way password prompts work in interactive clients like this.

They don't read from stdin, and instead try to read from a TTY.

-bill!
(could be getting that all wrong :) )