Re: [vox-tech] If I was to install debian

Re: [vox-tech] If I was to install debian

Hi, I guess there's something confusing here. From kernel.org, you can
figure out that the latest stable kernel of 2.2 serial is just 2.2.19,
there's not 2.2.23 at all!

And althouth kernel 2.4 serial is "stable", it've suffered from MM
problems in heavy load for a long time. Maybe this will not be resolved
untill 2.4.9... ;-p

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> begin: Jay Strauss <jjstrauss@yahoo.com> quote
> > Ok, I understand.  2.2.23 is stable.  But why aren't they using the new
> > 2.4.5 kernel?  Or are they (debian), but their release number doesn't have
> > anything to do with the kernel version?
Jingmin (Jimmy) Zhou
E-mail : jimmyzhou@bigfoot.com         ICQ : 19587415

The future is not set.  There is no fate but what we make
for ourselves.             - Terminator II, Judgement Day