Re: [vox-tech] Uses for Perl

I don't know a whole lot of either language, but I
hear for larger projects Python is great (and actually
much more suitable/scaleable than Perl), for quick and
dirty type tasks (sysadmin stuff) Perl can't be beat.
I guess it depends on if you want to be more of a
programmer (Python) or a *nix Sys Admin (Perl). Java
is fairly hot also and is being used in a lot of
industrial strength middleware, if I have my facts
straight... (and just to muddy the waters a bit).
ERic