Re: [vox-tech] Uses for Perl

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Uses for Perl
  • From: Geoffrey Herteg <gherteMAPSg@valinux.com>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 10:17:26 -0700

Jeff,
        PERL is quite useful for support scripts, database importing, automation of
tasks, and other various things that the modern duct tape of interpreted languages
(well, I guess Python too) can do.
        I'd recommend learning both.  If you have to limit yourself to just one
buzzword language then I guess PHP might be a good choice, but the two will compliment
each other well in the end...

-- Geoffrey

begin  Jeff Lambert quotation: