Re: [vox-tech] Should I buy the debian CDs and where

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 03:32:03PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Ok, I'm getting ready to install debian.  Should I buy the CDs or should I
> download a bunch of stuff to my PC (win 2000) and burn a CD (not sure if it
> will be bootable), or attempt to build floppies and do the rest over the
> net?

If you have a fast net connection (10Mbps is fine) the net install is a
breeze. You only need to make 3 floppies (root.bin, rescue.bin, and
driver.bin). You boot the machine from rescue.bin; the installer will ask for
the other disks.

> note: if things work, I'm going to install on a couple of machines.

Good reason to get the CDs.

> If I get the CDs, any recommendation of which place to get them?

CheapBytes. Get the `official' CDs.

--
Henry House