[vox-tech] boot up commands in debian?

Hi all,

What's the debian way of executing boot-up commands that don't necessarily
need a 'service' script (ie gpm start|stop|etc.)?  I'm thinking more in
terms of an hdparm command that needs to be executed once.  In RH 6.2,
it's in rc.local, but I couldn't find one in debian 2.2r3.  RH 6.2
actually makes a S99local symlink to rc.local in rc3.d, so I was thinking
of doing that but putting it in rcS.d .  I've read the debian-policy
documentation, but maybe I was skimming too fast.

TIA,
FL