Re: [vox-tech] What anti-virus tools available that run on Linux?

Re: [vox-tech] What anti-virus tools available that run on Linux?

begin: ME <dugan@passwall.com> quote

> http://www.big.net.au/~silvio/

very impressive!

> page. Most require root access, but some may allow a user to infect binary
> files if they have write access to them - no need to be root if the user
> has group membership to write to a binary file with group write
> permissions in their group!

that's a big if...

> I will admit that the present risk for infection in Linux systems is low
> based on *history*. Howver, Linux as an OS is not immune to viruses. "Wild
> type" viruses for Linux are rather *uncommon* (Sorry! How about very rare
> and close to endangered?. ;-) Quite rare at present

rare implies that at least one person has been infected who didn't desire
to be infected.  is that true?

> >    programmer.  Use gets() absolutely *never* at all (use fgets()
> >    instead).
>
> This good! :-)

or use the "n" variants.   :)

pete