Re: [vox-tech] Help! with gdm

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 02:31:08PM -0700, Cam Ellison wrote:

> Of course, if I login through Gnome, I lose ready access to a big chunk
> of my applications, so that is less desirable.

Not necessarily.  Where did this "chunk" come from to begin with?
Gnome has the ability to slurp in app lists from KDE and your distribution
(eg, Debian or RedHat).

See the Gnome "Control Center", under "Panel" (in the "Desktop" category).

Or, just right-click a black spot in a panel and select
"Global Preferences..." from the "Panel" submenu.

The options for what to include in the foot menu (and where they should
be) is under the "Menu" tab of the "Desktop -> Panel" control center screen.